[sane-devel] Re: HP 4570c - any progress?

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Tue Sep 13 17:06:06 UTC 2005

Hi

Daniel Franke schrieb:
> On Sunday 11 September 2005 18:29, I wrote:
>
>>Is currently anyone working on this specific driver? If not, is there any
>>code to pick up? Any docs from HP someone already acquired? I would also
>>appriciate some hints/documentation about "GL841/GL646" (which seems to be
>>related) [3].

Links to documentation on the gl841 and gl646 chips can be found here:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/

But the log looks different to the ones i get from my gl841-based
scanner. This does not mean it is completely incompatible. We don't have
any documentation about the usb protocol, just about the register and
memory layout of the gl841 and gl646.

To view the log you can try to run SnoopyPro in wine. Wine constantly
complains about not knowing usbsnpys.vxd, but otherwise it works for
viewing the log.

> Re-hi all,

> works on this specific driver, that there are no docs available and that
> there's no code to pick up - correct?!

If you want to experiment with your scanner without using sane you could
extract code from my canon lide35 test program:
http://www.pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/

Regards,
  Pierre