[sane-devel] Xscanimage Exits with Segmentation Fault using HP 5370C

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Wed Sep 14 23:08:03 UTC 2005

Using sane-backends-1.0.16, I patched rev 280 of Avision, from SVN, with
the patch from Falk Rohsiepe that Rene Rebe published.  My scanner now
works using xsane.

However, when using xscanimage in either preview or scan, the
application exits with a segmentation fault.  Setting the debug level of
SANE_DEBUG_XSCANIMAGE = 4, doesn't reveal anything useful.  What other
debug variable could I use to try to generate information to post here?
Rather than post a complete debug file, are there any debug messages for
which I could use grep to supply only pertinent information?

Thanks,

Dan