[sane-devel] Getting Clever CAM 360 working - running gphoto2 version 2.1.6

Martin martinh at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 16 01:34:53 UTC 2005

Ok, I deleted all folders/files referencing libgphoto2* and gphoto2*
from my system - which removed all old and newer versions of each.

I re-did ./configure and make and make install, for libgphoto2-2.1.6 and
then gphoto2-2.1.6.

Now the only error message I'm getting is the following.

===================
[root at oldpc root]# env LANG=C /usr/local/bin/gphoto2 --debug --camera
"Polaroid PDC 640" --capture-image --port "usb:"

/usr/local/bin/gphoto2: error while loading shared libraries:
libgphoto2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
===================

I'm not sure why this is happening, so I did a find for it, and it can
be found.
===================
[root at oldpc root]# find / -iname 'libgphoto2.so.2'

/usr/local/lib/libgphoto2.so.2

Just doing the real simple gphoto2 command, same thing:

[root at oldpc root]# /usr/local/bin/gphoto2 --help
/usr/local/bin/gphoto2: error while loading shared libraries:
libgphoto2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated,
-Martin