[sane-devel] debugging/tracing usb commands?!

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 20:32:49 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to access my HP Scanjet 4570c. I already got a basic
framework - courteys of Bertrik - but now I'd like to see the actual bytes I
send to the device. Any attempt to talk to the scanner fails with "broken
pipe" (translation: "babble detected").
I enabled "USB verbose debug messages" (CONFIG_USB_DEBUG) as a first shot, but
this doesn't seem to report any bytes sent down to the kernel by libusb's
ioctl() calls. I'd like to see the bytes in a similar fashion as snoopypro
captures them - any hints, tools, kernel options? If posssible, I'd prefer to
use standard tools/options before attempting to patch the kernel (or libusb)
to print debug messages on my own.

Thanks in advance

	Daniel