[sane-devel] ALi M5623, any project going on?

Martin Haag x.monte at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 12:12:53 UTC 2005

Hi

On 9/17/05, Lauri Pirttiaho <lauri.pirttiaho at luukku.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some months ago I posted some queries about CanoScan
> 3200F, and it appeared there is no project going on.
> As announced then, I have been working on it and the
> preliminary results indicate that the scanner is
> controlled by ALi M5623, for which there is no backend.
>
> It appears that the same chip with same firmware is
> used in Medion 6190 and Primax Colorado 1200u.
> The firmware can emit vendor/device ID pairs:
> 0x0461/0x037B -- Primax/Medion 6190
> 0x0461/0x037C -- Primax unknown model
> 0x0461/0x037D -- Primax unknown model
> 0x04A7/0x0361 -- Visoneer/Primax Colorado 1200u
> 0x04A7/0x0362 -- Visoneer unknown model
> 0x04A9/0x2216 -- Canon/CanoScan 3200F
>
> Looks like Martin Haag is working on Medion 6190 but
> the www page ends at requesting infor from manufacturer.

Yes the Medion 6190 uses ALI M5623 an identifies itself as a Primax
Colorado 1200u

I contacted the Medion group but got no response yet.

And since the ALI Corporation website says this :

(quote)
Datasheets are only available to ALi's development partners and
customers who have signed non-disclosure agreements. Unfortunately,
datasheets cannot be provided to end-users. ALi will review requests
from other developers and grant them on a case-by-case basis
(/quote)

I will probably get no information at all.

> Now, if there are other projects on this chip, I would like
> to hear about. If not, I will continue working on this
> and keep you posted when I get some more out of it.

The next step I've planned is to acquire some USB loggs from a different OS.
Maybe next weekend.

> Best regards,
>
> Lauri Pirttiaho
> Oulu