[sane-devel] genesys backend

Luke Campagnola lcampagn at mines.edu
Sat Sep 24 06:42:31 UTC 2005

On September 23 2005 15:33, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
> As always a full patch to get Canon LiDE 35/50 to work can be found
> here(will be updated to match experimental cvs):
> http://www.pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/genesys_gl841.diff.bz2

I tried out this patch and when I run scanimage, the scanner (LiDE 35) just
makes a grinding noise. I'd like to give you more information, but I'm afraid
running the program any more will damage the scanner. This is the first
experimental genesys backend I've tried in a long time, so I'm *not*
suggesting that this was caused by the latest patch you posted.

Luke