[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 - broken driver and so

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Sep 26 12:41:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 12:20:53AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I've got an LiDE-20 and could do regular test with new versions.
> But I don't read this list very often, so please drop a note directly
> to me if there's something to test.

Feature freeze for new SANE releases is announced on the sane-announce
mailing list which is quite low traffic. After feature freeze there is
usually two weeks to fix any remaining bugs.

> BTW:  I'm not quite happy with the situation that all drivers sit
> in one huge package. I'd be more happy with separate packages for
> each driver. And I'd volunteer to do the splitoff.

It's complicated enough to keep the backends and the low level stuff
current in one package. It would be a nightmare if they were in single
packages.

If you just want to check one single backend, you can sometimes
download it from the authors website (e.g.
http://www.gjaeger.de/scanner/plustek/). Or just only update the files
you are interested in in CVS.