[sane-devel] Lexmark X1100 backend available

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Tue Sep 27 00:06:09 UTC 2005

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 03:13:37PM -0400, Fred Odendaal wrote:
>

>>>Does this scanner only scan these fixed sizes? So there is no way to
>>>select freely the size?
>>>

>>That is correct. Since I developed it from usb log files of the Windows
>>driver I copied the way it handles sizes.
>>

>And in the Windows driver there is no way to freely select a size? And
>no way to change to "European" sizes?

Yah, I new I'd get flack about that. The Windows driver does support
"European" sizes, but that would mean twice the number of scans to log
as I had. I thought I would start with the "US" sizes even though in
Canada we are quite familiar with "European" sizes. ;-)

I do plan to add support for "European" sizes or make the size freely
selectable. I've also been toying with integrating my backend with the
rts88xx external backend, which has a freely selectable size.

>I understand that it's a bit of work to find out how the size is
>encoded but usually the scanners use pixels at some fixed resolution
>(or similar) to set the window.

Currently, I use the size to set the window so having a freely
selectable range wouldn't be much of a stretch. However, the motion of
the scan head is jerky at some sizes so I don't think I have it fully
figured out yet.

>Bye,
>  Henning

regards,