[sane-devel] Epson 3590

Ulrich Deiters Ulrich.Deiters at uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 27 06:38:11 UTC 2005

I installed the latest SANE backend version, applied Jan Bouke's
correction, and got the scanner working (after some confusion
about the firmware file) - at least for paper scanning.

The only problem I have is with the preview mode:
"scanimage --preview=yes" uses a too high y rsolution, i.e., it
produces a picture with a correct number of lines, but fills
them with top part of the document only. Preview scans from
XSane and Kooka hang the scanner. But this might be a problem
of my installation: Perhaps I overlooked a file from the
previous 1.0.15 backends version. Has somone else observed a
similar behaviour?

Regards,

Ulrich Deiters