[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 25

Stephan stephanf at singnet.com.sg
Tue Sep 27 18:08:42 UTC 2005

Hello

I have read the previous threads on this scanner, and managed to obtain one of
the above units. I would like to put some development time into getting this
to work properly. Currently I'm facing the following problems:

With this patch
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-July/014033.html)
applied, the scanner is properly detected. However

 - I can't do a scan at all. The scan starts up and the motor
    makes some alarmingly loud wining an grinding noises, at which point the
    lamp starts to move down the track, only to halt completely after moving
    only a few centimeters.
    At this point the lamp is still on, but no data is being read for some
    reason.

Here is a dump of the last couple of lines from running '#saned -d128', and
initiating a scan from a remote host.

>>> snip
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 5
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 5
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 5
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 5
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 7
[saned] start_scan: using port 32830 for data
[saned] process_request: waiting for data connection
>>> snip

Any help or pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

Cheers
Stephan