[sane-devel] Lexmark X1100 backend available

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Wed Sep 28 05:05:36 UTC 2005

Le Mardi 27 Septembre 2005 15:55, Henning Meier-Geinitz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 08:06:09PM -0400, Fred Odendaal wrote:
> > Currently, I use the size to set the window so having a freely
> > selectable range wouldn't be much of a stretch. However, the motion of
> > the scan head is jerky at some sizes so I don't think I have it fully
> > figured out yet.
>
> Just to make this clear: My comments about the fixed sizes doesn't
> mean that the backend can't be added to CVS the way it currently is.
>
> I was just curious because most backends use free window sizes.
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

	Hello,

	since I'm also fiddling with a Dell A920 (a X1100 in fact, only USB id
change...), I can tell you that the register details available at
http://www.lychnis.net/wiki/HP3500C are really accurate, since the rts8858 is
only slightly different.
	Horizontal position is expressed in pixel at sensor hardware dpi in registers
0x66-0x67 and 0x6c-0x6d. Vertical position is given by registers 0x60-0x61 and
0x62-0x63.

Regards,
	Stef