[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 25 - Solved Partial

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Sep 29 11:19:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:32:24AM +0800, Stephan February wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2005 09:49, Stephan wrote:
> > However under remote scanning saned still locks up after what sounds like
> > "a) motor initialization and b)turning the lamp on".
> >

> I've found some previous reports of saned having timing issues.

IIRC, there haven't been found any timing issues in saned in recent
years. Using saned changes the timing (and may change buffer sizes
etc.). This may reveal problems in the backend or the scanner itsself.
I don't say that saned is perfectly free of bugs but it's long time
ago that really a saned bug caused a backend to stop working.

> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2003-May/007640.html

Also in that case I think no bug in saned was found.

> This seems to be the problem I'm having since the following test works
> perfectly:
>
>   #scanimage -x 150 -y 180 -d net:localhost --format pnm > /tmp/outfile.pnm
>
> ... but locks-up/hangs saned when doing from a remote host:

No firewall/packet filter involved? From your first log it really
looks like something blocks the data port.

If that's not the case, please also check the recent thread about the
Umax Astra 2200 network problems and send debug logs as mentioned
there. Please try to reproduce the hang when debugging is enabled.