[sane-devel] Re: macosx/darwin -- canoscan lide25 -- partial success

Shouri Chatterjee shouri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:47:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

Yes - that was indeed the case. After uninstalling the canon driver
for the scanner, the sane driver worked. I am now trying to figure out
how to stop the kernel extension from loading through the command line
- so that the driver can be switched on and off at will without
uninstalling.

The SANE driver worked - but I have to say this with caution... The
scan was of half the page, with strange grinding sounds coming from
the scanner - and the resulting picture was barely recognizable.
However, I have seen the earlier threads on this topic - so I believe
this will be fixed with the newer settings/patches etc.

Regards,
Shouri