[sane-devel] Support for Epson All-in-one

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Sep 30 16:13:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:49:24AM -0700, Russbucket wrote:
> I just updated SANE to version 1.0.15-21 on SuSE 9.1.

That's quite old. 1.0.16 is the current stable version. Which version
did you use before? Have you updated only SANE or also other packages?

> My Epson CX6600 all - in

At least according to our scanner search engine this scanner is not
supported by the sane-backends distribution. Maybe the list needs to
be updated?

Which backend di you use? "epson" or "epkowa"? The latter one is an
external backend, that means it doesn't come with the sane-backends
distribution. According to the list, it's supported by epkowa.

> - one scanner is not found. When i go to manual configure it under YaST there
> is no vendor information at all. Is there an additional download(update) I
> need. This was not seen under the previous version I had also.

Is it found by sane-find-scanner? If yes, is it found by "scanimage -L"?
If no, please send debug output:

SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L
SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=255 scanimage -L