[sane-devel] Preparation for sane-backends release 1.0.18

Johannes Hub johanneshub at t-online.de
Thu Apr 20 16:19:45 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
> On 2006-04-18 18:26, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> > > hp_rts88xx
> >
> > Has been running fine in libsane-extras for ages, no problems that I
> > know of.
> >
> > It seems that hp_rts88xx supports the HP3500 scanners, and so does the
> > hp3500 backend. Is it the case ? (the hp3500 scanner is listed in the
> > comments at the top of the hp_rts88xx main source file)
>
> The code really seems to be designed also for the HP3500 scanners.
> However, the web site says, that they don'z work yet.
>
> Johannes, can you comment on this topic? We habe now a backend
> (hp3500) which works with these scanners. Can support in hp_rts88xx be
> disabled?
>
> Also, do you think your backend can go into SANE CVS for the next SANE
> release?
>
> Bye,
>   Henning
The HP3500 is removed from my backend and will be included in 1.0.18 as
hp3500.
Please have a look to the link http://projects.troy.rollo.name/rt-scanners/

I'm working on the color modes for the HP447x0 scanners. But my backend will
not  be included in a sane-backend release because there is a lot of
different hardware worldwide on the market. My backend can't cover all this
different versions. I will update the hp_rts88xx webside in few days.

By
  Johannes