[sane-devel] Assistance please!

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue Aug 1 21:39:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 08:31, marcela castro wrote:
> Who may concern                I have Open source software in my PC
> and I would like to configure my scanner "Benq Saw 4300U" to work
> with this system Suse 10.1 http://www.novell.com/linux/ but it is
> require the firmware upload. driver snapscan (package sane) that
> will provide good functionality. Could you please let me know from
> where can I download this firmware upload and the driver snapscan?
> Thank you very much for your wonderful assistance and advice.

You need to install the packages "sane", "sane-frontends" and "xsane"
from you Suse CD / DVD. The "sane" package already contains the
snapscan driver, there's no need for a separate download of the
driver.

The firmware file can be found on the CD that came with your scanner.
Depending on the USB ID of your scanner you either need u176v046.bin
or u222v067.bin. See http://snapscan.sourceforge.net for details.

/Oliver