[sane-devel] Re: Help with Canon 2700f

John Bird arrant at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 3 01:04:09 UTC 2006

Hi
first let me say thanks to Witold Paluszynski for your assistance and I will
try your suggestion later.
Also thanks to Allan Noah
here is the an edit from sane-find-scanner

found SCSI scanner "CANON IX-27015C 1.15" at /dev/sg0
  # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by SANE.
Try
  # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x021c [USB Scanner], chip=GT-6816)
at libusb:001:005
found USB scanner (vendor=0x0bc7, product=0x0004) at libusb:001:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

but when I run scanimage -L it only shows
scanimage -L
device `gt68xx:libusb:001:005' is a Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU Plus flatbed
scanner

any further assistance is wellcome, thanks John