[sane-devel] Plustek scanner - follow up

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Thu Aug 3 14:51:11 UTC 2006

Okay, so I'm getting somewhere.

Plustek OpticPro 9639P+, parallel port
using plustek_pp backend.

I have to run all as root so far.

scanimage -L gives:
device `plustek_pp:parport0' is a Plustek 9636P+/Turbo parallel port
flatbed scanner
device `hpaio:/par/HP_LaserJet_1200?device=/dev/parport0' is a hp
HP_LaserJet_1200 multi-function peripheral

(Great! I have two connected in series to my parallel port. Printer
still works. Ideally, I want both connected and both working, so we're
getting somewhere.)

When I do:
scanimage -d plustek_pp:parport0 -p > image.pnm

I heard a bit of sounds from the scanner. Then I got:
scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

1. Still can only do stuff as root.
2. Need to fix error.

Ideas?
Crystle