[sane-devel] ls-2000 howto

raray at jam.rr.com raray at jam.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 11:09:10 UTC 2006

I've purchased a used Nikon LS-2000 and could use a general howto.
This is probably not the correct list to post to but maybe someone can
direct me.

Three specific question are
1) I have to have a slide in the scanner when I run xsane or it will not
find the scanner. Is this normal?
2) When I try to scan film with the SA-20 it will only scan the first
frame. Pressing the load button has no affect. Is this normal?
3) If I scan at 12 bit I can't use Gimp to edit the photo. Many of the
slides have very poor color. Is there other software that will?

Since the scanner is used I don't know if it is working properly.
I'm running Fedora Core 4 with standard packages.

Thanks
Richard Ray