[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 500 - driver

Ralph Sontag sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Aug 7 08:35:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Jacques Greindl wrote:

> I'm looking for a drivers for the scanner Canoscan Lide 500F. Is it already
> available ? If not, is somebody working on it ? Can I help ?
>
> If there is absolutly nothing for this scanner now, how can I try to write
> this driver by my self ? I have some C programming experience, but I 've
> never worked on such project.

I've made some scans. They are under
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/
(last part of the page)

Pierre Willenbrock wrote some patches, but they don't already work,

I think, the main difficulty is the motor control. The scanner make a
terrible noise, bot no move ...

I have not enought experience for patching the appropriate code.

Greetings!
	Ralph.

--
Ralph Sontag | Str. der Nationen 62/B204 | 09107 Chemnitz         |   MIME   |
e-mail: sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de | Tel. +49 371 531 31384 | welcome! |