[sane-devel] Polling HP Scanjet 7400c buttons?

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Tue Aug 8 17:55:29 UTC 2006

not an 'API' exactly, but more of a 'convention'. there are a couple of
button daemons floating around (one is in the experimental cvs tree) which
attempt to read the value of certain named options provided by the
backend.

so, you would have to make sure your scanner's backend exposes the
buttons, and then you would have to (likely) make some mods to a buttond
to do something when a button is pressed.

write to the LCD? can the windows software do that?

allan