[sane-devel] offer to help testing Canon 8400F

Wolfgang Sailer c1251008 at mail1.uibk.ac.at
Tue Aug 8 18:20:25 UTC 2006

Hi all!

I subscribed to this list on Henning Meier-Geinitz' suggestion. I have a
Canon CanoScan 8400F scanner, which i would like very much to be usable
in a Linux environment (I use SUSE 10.1 64bit).

I am not a programmer. However, I am willing to test stuff that
developers write and could adapt some config-files and report how it
works. I also could run some USB-sniffing on the Windows driver, but
have never done it so far.

So please, anyone working on the genesys backend at the moment, feel
free to contact me to further this project. I believe support of
scanners is one of the last white islands of Linux, and I'd like to do
something b'out it.

Thanks
Wolfgang