[sane-devel] Polling HP Scanjet 7400c buttons?

Nick Papadonis npapadon at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 22:15:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 13:55 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> not an 'API' exactly, but more of a 'convention'. there are a couple of
> button daemons floating around (one is in the experimental cvs tree) which
> attempt to read the value of certain named options provided by the
> backend.

The interface/convention you mention is good, but too high a level.  I
search the the HP backends and didn't see much in regards to button
polling.  I did see mention of polling the "front" button, but not sure
what it is.

I'm wondering if the buttons can be accessed via the SCL (HP Scanner
Control Language) interface.  Does anyone know?  Specs anyone?

> write to the LCD? can the windows software do that?

Not sure, only Linux here.  I figured it must because all my HP 7400c
ever displays is "Initializing" or "Ready" on the LCD.  Even during scans.

Thanks,
Nick