[sane-devel] plustek:libusb bugs on canon canoscan n1220U

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Wed Aug 9 07:05:59 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 17:28, Étienne Bersac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I own a flatbed scanner Canon CanoScan N1220U. The device name is
> "plustek:libusb:002:002". I find some bug in that backend or at least in
> that device support.
>
>       * The product name is "N1220U" instead of "CanoScan N1220U"
>       * The option group "buttons" has 5 readonly options "button" of
>         type SANE_TYPE_OPTION instead of SANE_TYPE_BUTTON
>       * the device type is "USB flatbed scanner" instead of "flatbed
>         scanner".
>
> I do not have such bug with an HP all-in-one printer. So i guess this
> are backend bug.

Hi,

maybe I'm ignorant, but I could not find a BUG! The backend works okay.
The informations I got from i.e. xsane are correct. The model name
printed on my scanner is: CanoScan N1220U.
scanimage -L reports:
device `plustek:libusb:003:003' is a Canon N1220U USB flatbed scanner
--> so what?

SANE_TYPE_OPTION does not exist - also I only see 1 button.
At least that's what I see here.

Could you be please more specific?

Thanks
Gerhard