[sane-devel] Configuring SCSI-Scanner under SUSE 10.1

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Aug 9 09:06:15 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Aug 9 09:46 Daniel Spannbauer wrote (shortened):
> I'm trying to configure a Epson Perfection 1640 on the SCSI on SUSE 10.1 In
> my /etc/sane.d/epson.conf ist CSI enabled (scsi EPSON is written in there).
> Sane-find-scanner lists the scanner on /dev/sg1, but scanimage -L doesn't
> find that scanner.

For general information how to set up a scanner manually, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners_from_SUSE_LINUX_9.2
in particular read about the dll meta-backend and the section
about "Trouble-Shooting (Debugging)".

To get (a lot of) debug messages use
export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=4
export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255
scanimage -L 2>&1 | tee /tmp/scanimage.log
and inspect /tmp/scanimage.log for suspicious messages.
See "man sane-dll", "man sane-epson", "man sane-scsi".

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de