[sane-devel] HP 2300C (GL646) head bumps and screams

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Fri Aug 11 08:56:12 UTC 2006

> If you wish -- so you don't need to keep checking stuff into cvs without
> knowing how the test will go -- I'd be happy to alter my copy of the
> sources in any way you suggest, then try it out and let you know how it
> goes. -- Whichever way you'd like to do it is good for me.  Many thanks
> again for your help.
>
> Regards,
> bill

	Hello,

	now the detection bug is fixed, the other issue has to be fixed. From the
logs, we can see that gl646_slow_back_home() is failing. Since an usb read
suddenly fails, I suppose it is when you unplug it. The question is was the
scanner's head really stuck ? Sometimes head parking may takes time.
	If when trying to park the sensor doesn't move, you may change the flags in
genesys_devices to make HP2300 make use of gl646_park_head() by adding the
 GENESYS_FLAG_USE_PARK flag. This function is ready to handle your scanner
model.
	But since slow back home is working for others, there is something wrong.
Maybe you have to tune the y_offset and height of scan area now origin
detection is working. Current values are surely based on wrong detection.
	By scanning the corner of paper "rotated" by 45° and placed at the very top
of the scanning area, you can modify the y_offset until you get it fully on
the scan. You may also tweak the height of the scanning area.

Regards,
	Stef