[sane-devel] Help with Canon 2700f

John Bird arrant at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 14 01:02:34 UTC 2006

Hi,
Thanks to all for the past assistance but I'm still having problems getting a
canon 2700f SCSI film scanner to work with SANE. I have tried the suggestions
offered so far but as sane-find-scanner still produces the following output.

found SCSI scanner "CANON IX-27015C 1.15" at /dev/sg0
  # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by SANE.
Try
  # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x021c [USB Scanner], chip=GT-6816)
at libusb:001:005
found USB scanner (vendor=0x0bc7, product=0x0004) at libusb:001:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

but scanimage -L only produces the following

scanimage -L
Password:
device `gt68xx:libusb:001:005' is a Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU Plus flatbed
scanner

I think that the problem is the canon conf file so if anybody has one of these
running on a Linux box will they please post theirs

Additional information (in case it is relevent)

The files for the scanner are located in the following directory.
/sys/devices/platform/host0/target0:0:2:0/0:0:2:0

and the output from cat  /proc/scsi/scsi is

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: CANON    Model: IX-27015C        Rev: 1.15
  Type:   Scanner

And the details of the PCI SCSI host card are below

0000:00:07:0d SCSI storage controller:Advanced System Products, Inc
ABPp940-U / ABP960-U (rev 03)
Subsystem: Advanced System Products, Inc ASC1300 SCSI Adapter
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
Memory at fdf00000 (32 bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Expansion ROM at fde00000 [disabled] [size=64K]

Any assistance would be appreciated John