[sane-devel] About HP scanners

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Fri Aug 18 01:01:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:15:00PM -0700, Dean Loros wrote:
> I would encourage everyone that is having trouble with a HP scanner to
> open a dialog with HP--it does seem that the time is ripe to make some
> changes!!!

That is surely good news, however in my recent quest to acquire a
scanner (HP, of course :-) I was dissapointed by the absence of any
reference to Linux support for any of the products on HP's product site.
While so charged with dissapointment and feeling a compulsion to censure
I emailed a complaint using the customer support form (URL below) which failed
permanently.

http://wwemail.support.hp.com/fd2/email_form.cfm?countrycode=us&langcode=en&sni=fd2-presales

I don't know where you got your contact info from but I am quite glad
you are able to have a voice in this important matter.

Justin