[sane-devel] About HP scanners

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 02:48:08 UTC 2006

El Thu, 17 de Aug de 2006, a las 07:22:42PM -0700, Tyrone Mills dijo:
> I had decided to write a backend for the 4070, so this is great news.
> Even if they (HP) would provide technical specs for the scanners, I'm
> sure there are many other people on this list who would create/update
> backends to fully support the HP scanners.

There is already a backend for hp 3970 which works for 4070 too.
Basically devices are the same and use the same chipset. The only
difference I know is that 4070 has a bigger area to scan
slides/negatives. Backend is functional but it's not finished because
calibration proccess is not completed.

According to 4370, it uses a different model of the same chipset. It
seems to work mecanically and acustically but it gets a black image.

It would be great if HP decides to provide neccesary information to
complete this backend.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hp3900-series

 Jonathan Bravo Lopez