[sane-devel] Acard AEC6712S (atp870u.ko) and HP 6100C C2520A (sg.ko) problems

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Wed Aug 23 20:07:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 12:49:38PM +0200, abel deuring wrote:
> Sounds like a bug in the lower level part of the SCSI drivers

Yes.

> Generally, I have the impression that there are SCSI adapters which
> are better supported by the Linux kernel, so, before you continue to
> hunt a bug, it would be worth to try for example an adapter
> supported for example by the sym53c8xx or the aic7xxx drivers. In my
> experience, these drivers are very stable, well supported, and you
> can buy for example a used Adaptec 2940 for a few dollar at Ebay.

I got a $12US Adaptec AHA-2940/2940U SCSI Controller on ebay and with it
(and the new aic7xxx driver) I am able to get sane to recognize the
scanner with sane-find-scanner, but not yet with scanimage -L even
though I have /dev/sg1 in /etc/sane.d/hp.conf.  Hopefully tonight I can
figure it out.

Justin

--
You have 1 Moderator Point! Use it or lose it!