[sane-devel] Re: Plustec OpticSlim 12M - calibration

Gerard Klaver gerard at gkall.hobby.nl
Sat Dec 2 16:11:34 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 00:41 +0100, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 07:11:35 +0100, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
>
> > On Friday 01 December 2006 00:21, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
> >> I have probably not calibrated scanner (If I scan something it returns
> >> blue sheet). How can I do it?
> >>

> > RTFM - SCNR ;)
> > The status of this device says: Scans, but no calibration is performed and
> > the area selection is limited.
> >
> > There's no way for you to do the calibration, as the backend itself is not
> > able to handle this - sorry
> >
> > Gerhard
> >

> Sorry I asked in such way - is it possible to make it working (after give
> some values from hand)?
>
> If I understand you it's also[1] impossible by operating in such values as
> R/G/B Brightness and so on in xsane or any other front-end) - am I correct?
>
> Regards
>
> [1] As I said I thought I could give some values to make it working and
> it's just automatized process.
>
> --
> I've probably left my head... somewhere. Please wait untill I find it.
> Homepage (pl_PL): http://uzytkownik.jogger.pl/
> (GNU/)Linux User: #425935 (see http://counter.li.org/)

If you see the frontend menu for this scanner (xscanimage or xsane) the
only fields for some "color" correction are maybe the gamma value and/or
selecting the red, green or blue (gray mode color).

To get the calibration into the backend some usb sniff or usb log is
needed using the calibration sheet and then writing program code for it.
I don't know if somebody already made some usb sniff/log file?

I have placed on my page some info and a sample of the calibration card
for this scanner see http://gkall.hobby.nl/gt6816-07b3-0412.html

--
--------
m.vr.gr.