[sane-devel] 3 minor problems with current (20061202) CVS code on OS/2

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 16:28:25 CET 2006

Hi Alessandro,

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
>> 1. configure  (generated by Autoconf 2.59e) fails and claims
>>    not to find grep (which is bogus)
>>  Running autoconf (2.59) locally solves the problem.
> [...]
> dunno how to resolve the autoconf problem though... maybe only
> configure.in should be shipped.

I have also fallen for this and been the Bad Man to break the OS/2 build
by simply using the default autoconf installed on my debian box!  The
solution is just to install autoconf 2.59 (eg: from tarball), use that to
generate ./configure, test and check in the result.

There used to be a note about correct autoconf versions on the SANE
website although a quick search just now failed to find it.

cheers,
Jon