[sane-devel] request_identity2

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Fri Dec 8 00:50:18 CET 2006

Gerald Murray <gmurray at cloudnet.com> writes:

> Quoting Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it>:
>

>>  Hello,
>>
>>    I'm searching documentation for the epson ESC i command,
>>  used in D1 and D7 scanners and implemented in the request_identity2
>> function
>>  in the epson.c driver.
>
>>From earlier documentation on printer Epson JX80, it is a switch that
> controls buffer access:
> ESC i1  mode: acts on each character immediately as it is sent to buffer
> ESC i0  mode: does not act immediately on the character

These are from another ESC/* spec.  Alessandro is asking for the ESC/I
specification's ESC i command.

> The above might not be true for a scanner, but I expect that it will be
> very similar, and the digit following the "i" will be significant.

The ESC i command doesn't take any parameters.

I have the (Japanese) spec right in front of me ... but can't say a
damned thing!  Incredibly frustrating.

I know this doesn't help :-(
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/