[sane-devel] scanner not detected

Buttay cyril cyril.buttay at free.fr
Sun Dec 10 12:04:23 CET 2006

Alessandro Zummo wrote:

>  As far as I can see, your scanner does not appear on the bus. Either
>  it is damaged or there's some incompatibility with your hw.

That's true, but the strange thing is that this scanner used to work on
the same setup, the only thing I did was to reinstall sane because the
samsung printer driver had modified it (after I installed this printer,
sane was given root privileges, whoever ran it). As far as I can see,
nothing else has changed (even though it was last week and I've applied
the ubuntu updates since then).

Any idea on how to resuscitate this scanner?

Cyril