[sane-devel] Possible help with Canon FS2720U

k3kmc at comcast.net k3kmc at comcast.net
Sat Dec 9 15:59:18 CET 2006

Tarbor
I realize that you must be a very busy person. I have acquired a new in the box FS2720U and I am running XP PRO. The installation disk will not let me install it. It seems that the drivers needed are not there for XP. In searching Google I have found a whole bunch of discussions about this... sites to go to, no Canon support, different manufactures drivers that work etc...
I am 83 and a WW2@ pilot. I have over 1000 35MM black and white negs that I would like to digiitize and then put them on a CD for my kids and grandkids and great grandkids. In addition I have hundreds of mounted color slides of the years 1947 till 1996, when I got my first digital camera....
NOW.. if you will, in easy terms for an old man.... what drivers or other item do I need to oprate this on XP? OR SHOULD I JUST PUT IT ON EBAY AND SELL IT????
Thank you for any help you might give to me.
John L. Contino, Dillsburg PA