[sane-devel] SANE2 commitment

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Dec 17 23:15:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2006-12-17 12:49, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> One thing: I'd like to see Hennings opinion here! And we should
> agree on some version of the SANE2 standard...

Unfortunately I'm very busy and can't do any work related to SANE2 in
the near future. I'd really appreciate a new effort in this direction.

However, please everybody read all the old threads about SANE2. There
was already a lot of discussion and the details are NOT easy. So
before everybody starts programming, at least the basic ideas of SANE2
should be fixed. Some points like the image formats and the error
handling really need to be finally decided.