[sane-devel] Epson V700 Scan resolution max 3200 ?

saz at flitspopper.nl saz at flitspopper.nl
Thu Dec 21 00:05:58 CET 2006

Hi,

I bought an Epson Perfection V700, it worked out of the box with Sane.
However there are some issues to which I can't find an answer.

The scanner should be capable of scanning at 4800dpi and 6400dpi, the
maximum resolution supported by sane is 3200dpi.

scanimage reports:

Options specific to device `epkowa:libusb:001:007'

<cut>...
--resolution 50..3200dpi [300]
        Sets the resolution of the scanned image

<cut>...

Is this a bug or is there a technical reason why this is the maximum
resolution?

Greets,

Chris