[sane-devel] Regarding HP ScanJet 55xx support

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 14:27:22 CET 2006

Just got the answer for Hewlett-Packard regarding their plans for
ScanJet 55xx support under Linux. They mentioned that scaner protocol
specification will never be available public domain as well as any
related sources. However, they were so kind to send me beta SANE
backend for above mentioned scaner in the binary form. What's
interesting that libsane.so (from sane-backends-1.0.14 if memory
serves me well) was sent along with the backend without any source.
Seems to me that it looks like SANE backends license violation...

I'll try the backend later and will post the results although its
usefulness in binary form is near to nothing.

Best regards and Merry Christmas,
--
 Ilia Sotnikov