[sane-devel] Plustek Optic Slim 2420

Maximilian Fabricius mfabricius at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 14:35:45 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have been working on trying to get the OpticSlim 2420 to work.
Is disassembled the scanner (hardware) and made pictures. they may be found here

http://rosa.physik.tu-berlin.de/~mxhf/OS2420/

They are fairly high resolution ~1MB per image so that you can see all
details. lease excuse the German on the navigation bar.
>From this I learned that the scanner has a GL842 chip (not GL841). The
GL842 seems
to be very similar to the 841 though as a quick scan through the data
sheet revealed.

So far I cloned the ST24 section in genesys_gl841 and
I got as far as being able to execute "tstbackend" without getting an error.
I had to comment the Init_Devices lines 4990-4993 in genesys_gl841.c.

I am somewhat stuck now. Starting scanimage results in strange noise
from the scanner.
Does anybody have more information? On the protocol maybe?

Max