[sane-devel] How to get Mustek pp scanner to work

Jeff wd4nmq at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 04:14:43 CET 2006

I have been trying all night to get my Mustek 600 III EP Plus scanner to
work under Linux with exactly zero results.
I downloaded teh latest SANE frontends and backends, built and installed
them. But, sane-finder-scanner does not find it, and it says it doesn't
look for parallel scanners, and scanimage -L says no scanners attached.

 I did load parport and parport_pc modules.

So, how do I get the scanner to be recognized?

tj