[sane-devel] backend 1.0.17 dell A920 no movement

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Thu Feb 2 05:45:06 UTC 2006

Le Mercredi 1 Février 2006 22:52, Maarten Storm a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have a dell A920 printer/scanner and thought that might be working
> with the lexmark backend in 1.0.17. It didn't work and I thought it
> might have to do with the dell thing. But in the january archives I read
> a post of someone with a lexmark with the same problem but there's no
> solution there. I was wondering if a solution was found there.
> I have a debug log made while using xsane. I only hear a lot of noice
> and in the scanner seems nothing to move.
>
> Hope someone can help me,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten

	Hello,

	the A920 sensor is different from the one used to develop the lexmark
backend. So it won't work with the current version.. However I am working
adding support fo it on an experimental version. It currenly scans in color
at 75/150/300 and 600 dpi. Gray scanning will come very soon.
	You'll have to use CVS to get the code and compile it. You'll also need
sane-backends sources (1.0.17 or cvs).  To get experimental lexmark do:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane co
experimental/lexmark

Then cd into experimental/lexmark and run links.sh giving it the path to the
directory where you put sane-backend sources. Let's say it's in /usr/src :
sh link.sh /usr/src/sane-backends-1.0.17
Then cd to /usr/src/sane-backends-1.0.17, do 'configure', 'make' and 'make
install'. You should be able to run the A290.

Regards,
	Stef