[sane-devel] Question: scanning in the user mode

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Feb 2 10:43:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Feb 1 18:29 Monika Leibold wrote (shortened):
> Can I _only_ in the user mode scanning, if I before in the Root
> mode the scanner program "xsane" started had?
> When starting "xsane" in user level appears following help note:
> no devices availble
> Or is there a other possibility direct in the user mode to scanning.
> My system: SuSE Linux 9.1 Professional; KDE 3.2.1

See
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html
in particular "libusb + resmgr + PAM" and
"Important Differences compared to SUSE LINUX 9.1"
which is also available in German:
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/de/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html

In general try
http://portal.suse.com/PM/page/search.pm