[sane-devel] lexmark x1170 @Mdk2005 installed but not detected

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Fri Feb 3 23:46:50 UTC 2006

Patek,

When you compiled did you do a "./configure", "make" and a "make
install". The "make install" will probably have to be done as root as by
default it installs in /usr/local/lib/sane, which usually isn't
writeable by users.

If you did this and scanimage isn't finding your scanner, it's probably
because it's looking for the sane backend libraries in a different
place. On my machine (Fedora Core 4) the frontends expect the libraries
to be in /usr/lib/sane. You can get the libraries to install there by
redoing your compilation, but adding "--prefix=/usr" to configure. For
example, the new compilation commands would be:
./configure  --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install
exit

Another thing that can happen, is that the usb interface gets confused.
Simply unplugging and plugging in the usb cable fixes this.

Hope this helps...
Fred Odendaal