[sane-devel] A contact at Plustek?

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sat Feb 11 13:16:17 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:21, Jean-Baka Domelevo-Entfellner wrote:
> Hi!
> Working on adding support for the Plustek OpticFilm 7200 scanner, I
> would enjoy it if it were possible to get some technical information
> from Plustek... Does anybody know about some guy/female there willing
> to help us?
> It seems Gerhard Jaeger had been able to get info from them, once...
>
> JB

Hi,

I still have contact to Plustek and I also had to sign a NDA.
It's hard to get any technical information from Plustek
and for the OpticFilm you already got everything (except
for the Windoze driver sources) that you need...

Even with my contacts, I got no further technical
info . I might could help out with some register settings
you need, but that's all. I believe, that there are no real
specifications or technical references for such low
cost devices available - only the ASIC references for the
Genesys-Chipsets, which we already have. The real register
settings need to be extracted from the logs...

I currently asked for a test-device, so I might could help.

Ciao,
Gerhard