[sane-devel] Re: Recent hardware w/good sane suport, 300dpi, fast ADF, USB2? (alternatives for Fujitsu fi-4120C2)

Sun Feb 12 02:16:49 UTC 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:28, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> > The SANE driver works very well; I bought the scanner, plugged it in,
> > and after adjusting permissions (would only let me scan as root) it just
> > works - and I mean every single feature the scanner has to offer works
> > well under SANE.
>
> That's good news. Do you use the backend at:
> http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision/index.html

That's the one

> > Only problem I have is I still haven't worked out how to pull the second
> > image from a Duplex scan programmatically from Python, but works fine
> > using e.g. XSane
>
> Awesome, driving scanners with Python! This is exactly where I'm headed,
> too ;) Are you using sane.py and sane.so included in PIL-1.1.5?

Yes. It's really easy, e.g.:

import sane
sane.init()
scanner = sane.open(sane.get_devices()[0][0])
scanner.source='ADF' #select ADF sheet feeder as source
scanner.resolution = 200	#set resolution in dpi
scanner.mode = 'Color'
img = scanner.scan()
img.show()

As I said, only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the second image
from a Duplex scan (other than by using xsane), everything else works to
perfection

Horst