[sane-devel] Scanner (USB) not found after kernel upgrade

Couriousous couriousous at mandriva.org
Mon Feb 13 22:34:52 UTC 2006

Le Lundi 13 Février 2006 16:22, Johannes Meixner a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Feb 7 21:32 Till Kamppeter wrote (shortened):
> > The usblp module can be replaced by a libusb-based CUPS backend.
> > Download
> >
> > http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/usb-libusb.c

> For me it hangs up during list_devices() with endless
> INFO: USB printer is busy; will retry in 5 seconds...

Can you try the attached patch ?
I've modified the libusb cups backend so it doesn't loop if the configuration
setting doesn't work. As the printer is already claimed by an another driver,
the kernel doesn't want to change device's configuration, but it should
anyway allow printing.

> messages and dmesg reports
> usbfs: interface 2 claimed by usb-storage while ... sets config
> I don't know if it is possible with libusb but it should
> give up after a short time instead of endless probing
> (perhaps one can replace the unlimited "while" loops
> with limited "for" loops).

This is done on purpose. Cups specify explicitly that backend should loop if
the printer is busy.

Regards,
Couriousous