[sane-devel] scanimage doesn't find my scanner

Pedro Kröger kroegerlistas at pedrokroeger.net
Wed Feb 15 20:20:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a Colorpage Vivid 1200 XE but I couldn't configure it yet. I have this in my fstab:

   none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

sane-find-scanner gives me:

  found USB scanner (vendor=0x0458, product=0x201f [Genius CP-Vivid 1200XE], chip=GT-6816) at libusb:002:003

but scanimage -L doesn't find any scanner ("No scanners were identified...")

I issued all commands as root.

What am I supposed to do next? I've read the documentation (FAQ,
HOWTO, and a few manpages), but I can't figure out what to do
next. These are the versions I have:

libusb  0.1.11
sane-backends  1.0.17
kernel 2.6.15
udev   084

What is the device that udev generates I should be looking for?

Thanks,

Pedro Kröger