[sane-devel] Re: updated Fujitsu SANE backend

Charles Duffy cduffy at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 17 22:50:35 UTC 2006

I quite certainly get further than I did before -- on my initial test
run, the scan began and proceeded 3/4 of the way through the page before
halting -- but an unfortunate incident involving a cup of water
terminated my experimentation before I could do further testing or
execute a run with logging enabled.

Should the scanner decide on Monday that it's inclined towards
operation, I should be able to provide more detailed information then.
(Should a service manual describing full disassembly and reassembly be
available, as opposed to the one I found online which which described
replacing only some of the most readily accessible parts but *not* such
critical areas as the board underneath, I would be most appreciative of
a pointer in its direction).

"--mode=Halftone" results in "scanimage: setting of option --mode failed
(Invalid argument)".

Also, I note that "startbutton" hasn't been replaced with simply
"button", as needed to work with the button-daemon.