[sane-devel] snapscan: scanner model

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sat Feb 18 11:56:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I've got Epson Perfection 2580 Photo which is recognized by
> snapscan as 2480, because they both got the same id: 0x04b8/0x0121.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to know real model in such a
> situation. It can be helpful, because 2580 differs from 2480 (has a
> motor which transports 36mm film).

Which version of sane backends are you using? The latest version,
sane-backends-1.0.17, should automatically distinguish between 2480
and 2580 and adjust the preview range accordingly.

The code, however, is not very well tested and relies on a few data
logs from 2480 / 2580 users that I've received. If it doesn't work
for your scanner please send me the output of
SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xsane 2>debug.log
(No need to do any scans, just close xsane after it has started).

/Oliver