[sane-devel] Brother MFC7420

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Feb 19 18:04:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-02-17 17:22, Hellmut Weber wrote:
> I downloaded a tarball with the driver from Brothers homepage, untarred
> it but seemingly it is not accessed / used.

Generally, problems with the brother backends should be communicated
to the brother support. It's their backend.

Checking that "brother2" is in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf may help. Run
"SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L" as root and check if the brother2
backend is loaded. If it is and it still doesn't detect the scanner
ask brother support for help.

And please keep us informed about any results you achieve so we can
update our page.